1 Year Program
Academic Year: Sept 5, 2018 - June 1, 2019
Applications are now closed for the 2018 - 2019 semester. Sign up for our mailing list to hear when applications reopen for 2019 - 2020.
Begin Your Journey
The Qalam Seminary's 1 Year program provides a challenging and fulfilling learning experience for dedicated students, motivated activists, and future community leaders.
We have developed a unique, accelerated and well-rounded curriculum focusing on classical academics combined with modern-day applicability and personal development.
What Will Graduates Accomplish?
Graduates will be prepared to serve their communities as educators, youth directors, assistant imams, and other capacities. Students who complete this program will be able to:
- Teach Seerah, Quran, Tajweed, basic Hadith collections, everyday Fiqh etc.
- Deliver effective Khutbahs and teach workshops for their local communities.
- Develop modern and effective curricula for Sunday Schools.
- Provide direction and Islamic teaching at Islamic schools.
- Serve as full-time youth directors, or as an assistant Imam capacity to an existing scholar.
- Pursue upper level advanced Islamic studies.
Meet Your Instructors
Skills & Passion
We are looking for brothers & sisters who:
Can already read and understand Basic classical Arabic texts
Read Qur'an with proper Tajweed
Have demonstrated community activism (i.e. it’s established and not simply an aspiration)
Are not only interested in the academic side of their studies, but putting that knowledge into effective service