Academic Year 2018-19: Applications Open!
Build Your Skills to
Understand the Quran
Our full-time Arabic course at the Qalam Seminary aims to connect students to the Quran, sacred knowledge, and the Islamic tradition through an in-depth study of the Arabic language. Students will begin their journey with the study of foundational Arabic grammar and morphology, and over the course of the year, build the skills required to read and understand the Quran and classical Islamic texts in Arabic. There are two main objectives of the program:
1. To understand the Quran without a translation.
2. To read and translate classical Arabic texts that don’t have vowel marks.
What You'll Learn
Through the course of the year students will cover the following topics and texts:
Grammar & Morphology
More than 85% of Quranic Vocabulary
Fundamentals of Classical Arabic Grammar and Morphology (QuranCoach Series)
- Translation of up to 5 Juz of the Quran
- Study of I’raab (parsing)
- Matn-ul-Ajrumiyyah with Explanation
Qasus-un-Nabieen by Sh Hasan Ali Nadwi
Select Study of Mukhtaaraat by Sh Hasan Ali Nadwi
- Select Study of Tafseer Sha’rawi in Arabic
- Select Study of Hadith with Explanation in Arabic
- Daily Quran Memorization
- Daily Adhkar and Duas
- Memorization of Select Arba’een Hadith Collections